Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Alli Diet


I am writing this post because my mother works with a woman who is thinking about taking Alli. When Alli first hit the markets I was excited and thought (like many others) this is going to be the "miracle" pill to get me back on track.

I went out to the drug store and purchased a box, I brought it home and my boyfriend asked me if I minded waiting a couple of days before taking the drug so that we could do some research. I went to the company website which of course talked the product up and was completely biased (no surprise) I read that one of the side effects is "leakage" or "treatment effect" which are basically nice terms for having feces drip out of your rear with no control.

After going to other sites and reading reviews and the countless number of horror stories I decided the product was not for me, and I returned the box before even opening it. The side effect I talked about above is supposed to only happen when you eat foods high in fat, but from what I have read it's been happening to those who have been eating healthy.

"I took it about 2 weeks ago and thought on the entire situation before I decided to comment and concluded that this wasn't for me. I have always managed to carry that extra 20 pounds or so around even though my doctor says that he just doesn't get why. I practically already live the "Alli diet plan". I eat healthy and I do cardio 4/5 times a week and weights/yoga 3/4 times a week. I was hoping that maybe this would aid giving me through that extra step. I had the same problem as another reviewer with "leakage" (as Alli calls it). It was only the second day of taking it. I'm sure glad it was a day off. I spent all day in the bathroom and felt miserable. And unlike what they say, I wasn't going out and munching on hamburgers and fries but eating grilled chicken or fish with veggies! So like others have said... if you already feel that you know how to eat properly, this pill is not for you and can only make life more embarrassing!"

"Seriously, this didn't work. I got so tired of ruining my underpants and rushing everywhere because I had to hit the bathroom whenever I was standing for a while that I had to stop taking this stuff. It's easier to just avoid fatty foods. It's a ridiculous product."

both of these reviews can be found on
http://www.sybervision.com/reviews/Review-Alli.php
more reviews
http://www.supplementcritic.com/reviews/alli_reviews

No comments: