Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Yoga Myth Busted!


Years ago when I heard people talk about Yoga I just thought it was for stretching, meditation and I didn't think it was a really good workout or a good source of exercise. I was completely wrong, I asked my Dr. how she felt about Yoga and she said she loved it (this is a woman that I have been seeing as my Dr since I was a child and this woman even when pregnant didn't look fat)

I decided to go ahead and give Yoga a try, I mean I am out of shape I need to be more flexible and I just need to get moving. My boyfriend has been helping me through this transition and we are working together on better habits, so this morning was our second day in a row of Yoga Zone weight loss for beginners (photo shown) and I am so sore. I was sweating, and my whole body just aches. I did so some stretching last night before going to bed since I read "Cleared to Run" on Get Fit Slowly and it discusses the importance of stretching. I will make sure that I stretch again before I go to bed, and see how I feel in the morning and do another day of Yoga

No comments: